Cosmetic dentistry is the general term used to describe what dentists do to improve your appearance. An improvement in your appearance increases self esteem. That, in turn, can improve overall health.
People often complain that their teeth are crooked, chipped or broken from accidents. They are self-conscious about visible natural imperfections. They can see decay and stains. Fillings are showing. They want their teeth to be whiter. Because of a seemingly endless combination of factors, their smile may not be all that they want. Cosmetic dentistry aims to correct the imperfections and enhance the appearance of a smile. Self-confidence increases.
If you would like to enhance your smile, Bruna can help. Together, we’ll determine how best to meet your needs and circumstances. Some of the techniques of cosmetic dentistry (in no particular order) are:
- Scaling and Polishing*
- Replacing unsightly fillings
- Repairing broken or decayed teeth*
- Aesthetic reshaping
- Orthodontics (tooth straightening)*
- Whitening (bleaching)
- Veneers (“Lumineers®”)
- Complete or Parital Dentures*
* These procedures are most commonly undertaken for reasons other than appearance improvement. But no matter what the procedure, we always try to achieve the best appearance that circumstances allow. Another way of saying that is a “side effect” of many usual dental procedures can be and should be cosmetic – an improvement in appearance.